Price Editor vs Security Editor

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Oct 14 16:37:36 EDT 2010

GnuCash has both a price editor and a security editor.

The distinction between these two is not so clear to me. I can see that the
security editor doesn't allow to enter exchange rates between currencies. The
price editor is currently required for that.

On the other hand, you can use the price editor to enter stock quotes,
although not really as flexibly as in the security editor.

This is confusing (from a user's point of view). So what's the story ?

Geert