r19680 - gnucash/trunk/src/backend/sql - Bug 632166: A Better fix that doesn't break string freeze or introduce a Gtk GUI dependency into the backend.

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Tue Oct 19 14:40:59 EDT 2010

Sorry I've been busy or I would have jumped in sooner.  When I ran into the
problem of reporting backend issues, I used the following..

1) backend would call qof_backend_set_error() with an error code
2) qof_instance_commit_edit() would call the on_err function (e.g. in Account.c)
3) the on_err function would call gnc_engine_signal_commit_error() with the qof
error code
4) gnc_engine_signal_commit_error() would call a registered error handler
function registered using gnc_engine_add_commit_error_callback().

This would allow the UI to register an error handler.  Unfortunately, all that
is passed to the error handler is the callback data value and the qof error
code.  This needs to be expanded to include more information.

Phil
---------
I used to be a hypochondriac AND a kleptomaniac. So I took something for it.

doesn't break string freeze or introduce a Gtk GUI dependency into the backend.