Rolling Dates for Reports and Budgets

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 17:43:42 EDT 2010

As I continue my journey as a loyal but essentially clueless user of Gnucash for my personal accounts, I am continually bumping my head against the reports subsystem (and I eagerly await 2.4 where many fixes will greet me).

It occurs to me that many of my own gripes, as well as those I see in the lists from other users, might be ameliorated if Gnucash's reports had the ability to use rolling and relative time frames. For example, I would love to be able to have a report of monthly expenses over the last year that I could run at any point and see the last 12 months' data. Similarly, some way of defining quarters would be useful. I see that there commonly are date definitions for Current and Previous Year; I am wondering whether other such abstract date ranges could be implemented.

Yours cluelessly,
David