Windows Installer, extra translatable custom messages

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sat Sep 4 05:10:06 EDT 2010

On Saturday 4 September 2010, Yasuaki Taniguchi/谷口康明 wrote:
> Hello, Geert.
>
> I translated Windows installer messages into Japanese and it seems to work
>  fine. Would you apply an attached patch?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Yasuaki

Hello Yasuaki,

Thank you for your patch. Cristian was so kind to apply it already. What is
missing from your translations are the few strings I added recently:
; *** "Another install" wizard page
; %1 in the following messages will be replaced with the application name and
version, like "GnuCash 2.3.15"
AIWP_Title=Another installation has been found
AIWP_Description=%1 is currently installed on this computer
AIWP_Message=This earlier installation has to be removed before continuing.
%n%nIf you don't want that, click Cancel now to abort the current
installation.%n%nClick Next to remove %1 and continue with the installation.
%n%nNote: Only the program will be removed, not your financial data.

These strings will be used when a user tries to install 2.3.16 or higher over
2.2.x. Without the translations, the user will suddenly get an English page in
the wizard. Can you have a look at those strings as well ?

Geert