guide, how to include datafile into documentation, glossary, index

jh jhoewener at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 7 17:02:32 EDT 2010

Hi,

1.
I'm currently working on german documentation for the new CSV-Import
Funktion. I would like to include a short external file as an example.
As much as I could find out from the documentation for DocBook 4.1.2,
the following code should do this. The code also get's validated,
however the effect is only an empty box. What do I do wrong?

<programlisting>
<inlinemediaobject>
<imageobject>
<imagedata fileref="figures/Kontoumsaetze.csv" format="linespecific"/>
</imageobject>
</inlinemediaobject>
</programlisting>

2.
I think a Glossary would be a really good idea, besides, that it is
announced in the chapter overview. Why is there no glossary in the
guide?

3.
Same for an Index. Unfortunately the official Gnome 'DocBook Basics'
chapter on Indexing is empty and besides it is completely outdated. Is
there any point in putting <indexterm> tags into the text?

Cheers,
Juergen