Translation request

Mark Haanen i18n at haanen.net
Wed Sep 8 01:35:24 EDT 2010

Op woensdag 08-09-2010 om 00:27 uur [tijdzone +0300], schreef Seyfi
Duyan:
> Hello,
> My name is Seyfi Duyan, and I volunteer to translate Gnucash into Turkish.
> Last translator specified in tr.po is unreachable. The work is stated as
> external in translation project, so I understand the process to follow is:
> 1. checkout from trunk
> 2. translate tr.po
> 3. submit gzipped tr.po to this list

Of course you have the option to move the Turkish translation  back to
the translation project again, but the above will work as well (I think,
don't use it myself).

> I intend to use poEdit. I observed that Dutch, Latvian and German
> translations are quite up-to-date so I also intend to refer to them if/when
> something about .po format/content becomes unclear to me.
> I understand this is no trivial task, but it deserves a shot given the rich
> features of Gnucash.
> Any guidance, comments are appreciated. Thank you.
> Seyfi Duyan

It is indeed no trivial task, but it's a worthwhile one (in my opinion -
then again, I _would_ say that). Good luck and welcome aboard!

 -- Mark Haanen (dutch translator)