menu accelerators

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Sep 9 13:08:08 EDT 2010

On Thursday 9 September 2010, jh wrote:
> Hi,
> is the attached text still current?
> I can't find a "Menu and Toolbar" preference panel or anything
> equivalent in Gnome 2.30.2
> Thanks, Juergen
> --- snip --------------------------------------
> "GnuCash, as a Gnome application, also allows you to define your
> own menu shortcuts. To define a shortcut, first go to the "Menu and
> Toolbar" preference panel and select the "Editable menu accelerators"
> check box. Then return to GnuCash, click on the menu header and move
> the mouse pointer over the menu item. While the menu item is
> highlighted, press a key or key combination to set the shortcut. You
> should now see your shortcut choice next to the item in the menu. To
> delete a shortcut, press the Delete key while the menu
> item is highlighted. Be careful when setting shortcuts as Gnome does
> no checking on the key values pressed, and you can easily do things
> like set a letter of the alphabet as your shortcut."

Hi,

I don't think this is still relevant. I quickly googled for ways to change
keyboard shortcuts, and the closest I come is the gconf-editor. On Fedora 13
there is also a tool called lxshortcut to change application's keyboard
shortcuts, but nothing that resembles the explanation in your text. As far as
I'm concerned it can be removed.

Geert