Installing Python Bindings

... offonoffoffonoff at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 14:33:26 EDT 2010

(oops, hit the wrong reply button)

>> Looks like there is still activity with python bindings.  I wasn't sure
>> because the website (http://parit.ca/projects/pythongnucash/) hasn't been
>> updates since 2008, and install instructions refer to gnucash 2.0.4 (I am
>> running gnucash 2.2.6)

>That's because it's been integrated into the gnucash sources.
[snip]
>There is no gnucash/Group.h anymore -- probably using older bindings?

I was thinking something like this would be the case.  I am probably
trying to install the bindings from 2008.  Is there a stable release,
or at least a more uptodate one?  If find that source, it will
probably have more uptodate install instructions with it (for
instance, installing glib-dev was not mentioned in the directions I
have).

It would be very good to update
(http://parit.ca/projects/pythongnucash/) because it came up first in
google for several search attempts, and other search results mostly link
to it.  If I hadn't decided to try to use
code that was probably abandoned, I would not have known this project
is still alive.

>You're probably better off pulling down 2.3.x and building from there.

I have other another project that relies on python 2.6,  If necessary,
I guess I'll have to figure out how to have two different versions
installed.

thanks