Installing Python Bindings

... offonoffoffonoff at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 12:46:52 EDT 2010

So, it looks like (instead of building from source) the python bindings are
a patch to gnucash (http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/python-gnucash).

Questions I have:
How does one apply this patch?  Is it already included in the stable gnucash
release?  and doesn't one need to install something on the python side still
also?

I will attempt to build gnucash 2.2.9 with the python bindings patch (dont
know how yet).  I think 2.2.9 is the way to go because I am not a developer
and I would like this to be stable for everyday use, with occasional use of
python scripts.