Installing Python Bindings

... offonoffoffonoff at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 17:55:03 EDT 2010

> I'm pretty sure that you don't have to do anything in  2.3.15 to get latest
> python bindings.  You do need to run configure with
> --enable-python-bindings
> though.  I think your downloaded patch is unlikely to work with the svn
> sources and is well out of date anyway.

Working through installing gnucash 2.3.15 from source.

the process I've followed is this:
downloaded gnucash-2.3.15.tar.bz2 to /usr/src/
cd /usr/src/
sudo tar -jxvf gnucash-2.3.15.tar.bz2
cd gnucash-2.3.15/
sudo apt-get install intltool libglib2.0-dev guile-1.6-dev libgconf2-dev
libxml++2.6-dev
./configure --enable-python-bindings

I get this error that I dont know how to resolve

[snip]

checking for libxml-2.0 >= 2.5.10... yes
checking LIBXML2_CFLAGS... -I/usr/include/libxml2
checking LIBXML2_LIBS... -lxml2
checking for xmlElemDump in -lxml2... yes
checking for gzopen in -lz... yes
configure: External QOF Disabled.  Using Internal QOF Code.
checking dbi/dbi.h usability... no
checking dbi/dbi.h presence... no
checking for dbi/dbi.h... no
configure: error: Unable to find dbi/dbi.h

thanks so far.

-elliot