download question

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Sep 13 22:49:36 EDT 2010

On Sep 13, 2010, at 12:57 PM, Jeremy Heyel wrote:

> I don't know if this is the correct place to ask a general question, so I hope you can help.
>
> As I was about to download Gnucash 2.2.9, I received a warning stating that some spyware, adware, etc. have been reported from the site.  While I'm guessing that this is incorrect, can you tell me why this pops up?

You have posted a user question to the developer's list. Please use gnucash-user at gnucash.org in the future.

I guess that would depend upon from which site you were about to download it. If you use the link from the upper right corner of www.gnucash.org, which points to downloads.sourceforge.net, you are sure of getting a clean install. It's possible, though, that your browser will have sourceforge as a potential source of malware: There are a lot of projects there and it's entirely possible that they are not all safe.

Regards,
John Ralls