Installing Python Bindings

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed Sep 15 16:10:43 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Wed, September 15, 2010 3:56 pm, ... wrote:
> ugh. seems so close, probably still far away though.
>
> My procedure (none of these commands worked without sudo, even make.):
>
> sudo apt-get install intltool libglib2.0-dev guile-1.6-dev libgconf2-dev
> libxml++2.6-dev libdbi0 libdbi0-dev libgtk2.0-dev libgoffice-0-6-dev
> gnome-core-devel libgoffice-0-6-dev texinfo
>
> sudo svn checkout
> http://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash/tags/2.3.15gnucash-2.3.15
> cd gnucash-2.3.15
> sudo ./autogen.sh   #there was no configure script, and this script said
> it
> would create one
> sudo ./configure --enable-python-bindings --enable-compile-warnings
> sudo make

Why are you doing this as root?  There's no need any of this as root
(except for the "make install").  Everything else can (and SHOULD) be done
as your own user.

> sudo make install
> gnucash
>

> I get:
>
> gnucash: error while loading shared libraries: libgnc-qof.so.1: cannot
> open

This would seem to imply a missing library.  maybe a remnant from an older
build?  try:

sudo make uninstall

Also make sure you don't have a gnucash package installed through apt.