Questions re Documentation in Bugzilla

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Mon Sep 20 02:58:12 EDT 2010

Zitat von Tom Bullock <tbullock at nd.edu>:

> I tested the process of creating a bug for the purpose of enabling
> easy developer review.  I found that Chris Lyttle, last heard from
> (as far as I know) in 2006, is currently having bugs assigned to
> him, just because he was last recognized as the documentation go-to
> guy.
>
> Would this mean that some bugs have not been seen yet by any of the
> developers?

No, the bugs are being seen. For example, I regularly check the list
of "New Bugs" on the "Browse Product" page,
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=GnuCash and if a bug
contains an attached patch, I check those even more regularly.

The "assigned developer" simply means this guy has at some point in
time agreed to be marked as assigned developer. However, many of those
people have since left the gnucash project, but nobody else has
volunteered to be marked as the assigned developer. It would be more
"honest" (or obvious) to have no assigned developer in that category I
guess...

Regards,

Christian