Unexpected results in attempting a patch

Yawar Amin yawar.amin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 07:45:39 EDT 2010

On 2010-09-21, at 02:41, Frank H. Ellenberger wrote:

> […]
> Shouldn't this stuff be done somewhere by "make & make install"?
>
> Frank

Ideally yes, but either I’m not too familiar with the autogen/configure/make system or the makefile is broken:

$ ls
AUTHORS              HACKING~             autogen.sh           help                 xsl
COPYING-DOCS         Makefile.am          configure.in         omf.make
ChangeLog            NEWS                 gnucash-docs.spec.in stylesheet
HACKING              README               guide                xmldocs.make
$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
$ ./autogen.sh
+ set -e
+ PROJECT=gnucash-docs
+ DIE=0
+ : libtoolize
+ : aclocal
+ : autoheader
+ : automake
+ : autoconf
+ echo

+ echo 'You must have libtoolize installed to compile gnucash-docs.'
You must have libtoolize installed to compile gnucash-docs.
+ echo 'Get ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/libtool-1.0h.tar.gz'
Get ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/libtool-1.0h.tar.gz
+ echo '(or a newer version if it is available)'
(or a newer version if it is available)
+ DIE=1
+ test 1 -eq 1
+ exit 1
$ make -f xmldocs.make
xmldocs.make:77: /omf.make: No such file or directory
xmldocs.make:78: *** missing separator.  Stop.
$

And I don’t want to pull in libtool and maybe a bunch of other stuff just to do an XSL transform :-)

Regards,

Yawar