Again: win32 nightly build broken

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Thu Sep 23 02:48:29 EDT 2010

Zitat von Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU>:
>> It was triggered.  It crashed in the HTML Help Compiler.
>>
>> Maybe more DLL Hell?
>
> FWIW, I ran depends.exe on hhc.exe.  I'm not exactly sure how to
> interpret the output.  It says:
>
> Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
> Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing
> export function in a delay-load dependent module.
>
> And it looks like MSJAVA.DLL is missing.  But according to
> http://www.dependencywalker.com/faq.html this is something we can
> ignore.  So I don't know why the Help Compiler is crashing.  :(

I've logged in yesterday and saw that output as well. Thanks for
checking the dependencywalker output. Indeed the MSJAVA.DLL warning
and the "delay-load dependency module" warning can both be ignored.
Obviously in this case there was no more DLL hell causing this problem.

Nevertheless it is weird why the Help Compiler hhc.exe crashed when
processing the gnucash-docs/help/C/ content (called in
install-impl.sh:1497). I clicked away the crash dialog and install.sh
continued, just to run fine when processing the
gnucash-docs/help/de_DE/ content next. Hence, the mere call to hhc.exe
obviously is not a problem because it worked fine for the de_DE docs,
only it crashed last time for the original English (locale C) docs. If
that happens again, I don't know how to debug or fix this. The
workaround is to disable the help/C/ temporarily (commenting out
install-impl.sh:1529), but we wouldn't want to do that in the long run.

Regards,

Christian