String freeze apply to Help Manual?

J. Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 15:37:09 EDT 2010

I would like to update the Help Manual to reflect recent changes to
the US Income Tax Reporting features to provide partial support for
Capital Gains reporting that have been committed to trunk.

My question is whether I should go ahead and make the changes to the
help text right away or do I have to wait until after 2.4 due to the
string freeze? It would be nice to have the changes included in the
2.4 release and, since it is locale specific (e.g., US only), perhaps
it can be allowed even if other changes to the help text aren't. Or
does the string freeze only apply to text embedded in code and not to
the Help Manual or Concept Guide (my changes would only be to section
9.4 of the Help Manual, by the way)?

Look forward to feedback.

Thanks,

Alex