Documentation Bug 630652 created to install Guide update for Other Assets

Yawar Amin yawar.amin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 20:13:11 EDT 2010

Hi Tom,

On 2010-09-27, at 07:30, Thomas Bullock wrote:

> Yawar,
>
> Thanks for jumping on this and making the improvements you mention.  When done, please give me an example of the kind of thing you find so that I can know what to do for the next round.

This morning I realised that the single, revised patch file I posted doesn’t make it every easy to see exactly _what_ I changed. Apologies for that–my defense is a coffee-addled brain :-) I’m now working on a set of patches that, when applied sequentially, will produce the same result; and taken separately, will let you easily see exactly what changes I made. It works kind of like those layered drawings you’d find in printed encyclopedias of the human anatomy, starting with the skeleton, then adding the lymphatic system, muscle tissue, skin and eyes, and so forth to get the final human body.

I’ll post the patch sequence here, when it’s done.

> For the weekly status statement:  My current task is to complete my notes on the process to make documentation changes.  Several weeks ago, John or Geert asked me to submit those for inclusion in the wiki.  So I will post those next to this list when I have them ready.

Sounds good.

Regards,

Yawar