Proposal for GSoC 2011

Ajay Thomas ajaythomas.inc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 12:22:32 EDT 2011

Hi

I have modified the proposal. I have also modified the mockups by changing
the preferences.glade file in src/gnome-utils/glade/preferences.glade.

Moreover, I feel the technology I most likely will be using is gtkmm widgets
because it is a lot clearer than JavaScript and C code if any can be
integrated in it. Also, the documentation for developing plugins using gtkmm
is still in a nascent state and I wish to improve this. This should
encourage third party developers to develop plugins using this technology.

The RSS Feed tab in Edit>Preferences is where people can see the feeds they
have subscribed to, add new feeds, delete feeds, create folders etc. It has
been illustrated in the mockup<http://shadytest.orgfree.com/mockup-setup.htm>.
The add button opens a dialog
box<http://shadytest.orgfree.com/mockup-props.htm>where you can add
feed urls.

Under Tools>RSS Feeds is where the window displaying the subscribed feeds
will be available. It will display all the new posts from blogs, newspapers
and other sources the user has subscribed to. If the user requires a more
detailed report of the feed, it acts as a link and when clicked, the
original page is opened in a browser.

Please suggest any more changes, if any to improve my proposal.

Thank you