Creating a new report

Don O'Connor Don at ConnServe.com
Wed Apr 6 19:10:21 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-04-06 at 10:20 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:

> "Don O'Connor" <Don at ConnServe.com> writes:
>
> > I'm trying to create a new report and started by copying the
> > hello-world.scm file from the reports directory to the standard-reports
> > directory, renamed the file to projected-balance.scm, changed the guid,
> > and changed the hello-world references in the report to
> > projected-balance, but when GnuCash starts, it gives the following
> > error.
> >
> > no code for module (gnucash report standard-reports projected-balance)
> >
> > I'm obviously missing something. Can anyone point me in the right
> > direction?
>
> Did you change the 'define module' portion at the top of the file?

Yes (to "projected-balance"), and renamed the renderer to
"projected-balance-renderer" just in case there was some collision. I
was working on a version built on Ubuntu Lucid from the latest trunk
source, so I tried a straight Windows install, and it behaved the same
way. (Whatever I'm doing wrong, I'm doing it consistently.)

I've attached the offending report file. I appreciate whatever help can
be offered.

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Don
>
> -derek