AUDIT: r20539 - gnucash/trunk/src/gnome-utils - Bug #629156 Recently Used Filenames incorrectly displayed

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Apr 7 09:43:02 EDT 2011

On donderdag 7 april 2011, Christian Stimming wrote:
> Zitat von Geert Janssens <gjanssens at code.gnucash.org>:
> > Author: gjanssens
> > Date: 2011-04-06 17:05:30 -0400 (Wed, 06 Apr 2011)
> > New Revision: 20539
> > Trac: http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/20539
> >
> > Modified:
> >    gnucash/trunk/src/gnome-utils/gnc-plugin-file-history.c
> >
> > Log:
> > Bug #629156 Recently Used Filenames incorrectly displayed
> > BP
>
> I agree the bug needs to be fixed, and thanks a lot for working on
> this. However, isn't there a better way to solve this than adding our
> hand-written quoting code? For example, couldn't we also use
> gtk_label_set_use_underline(FALSE) and/or setting the
> "mnemonic-keyval" property manually? Apparently there is a function
> gtk_label_get_mnemonic_keyval() but no corresponding setter, though.

Thanks for your feedback. I wasn't aware of these functions.

Using gtk_label_set_use_underline(FALSE) alone to avoid the weird underlining
won't work because we do add a numerical mnemonic in front the the strings
using an underscore character. I have no idea what would happen if we set the
mnemonic-keyval manually.

On the other hand escaping underscores by doubling them is what the gtk
documentation itself advises [1]. So I figure that would be a proper way to
handle it.

Geert

[1] http://developer.gnome.org/gtk/stable/GtkLabel.html#gtk-label-new-with-
mnemonic