Cutecash: An alternative GUI (Corrected)

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Apr 8 14:03:54 EDT 2011

On Apr 8, 2011, at 10:15 AM, Haifeng Zhang wrote:

> Dear Mentors,
>
> I'd like to talk with you the project named "*Cutecash: An alternative GUI*".
>
> I know it's been later to do this. However, I just knew the Google Summer
> Code yesterday.
>
> I've been searching for such a  project for a long time.
>
> So, I won't miss such a good opportunity to improve myself.
>

> As a graduate student in Computer Science, I feel very comfortable with
> C/C++. So far, I’ve finished several projects using C++ STL and OOP under
> different OSs. Moreover, I have basic knowledge of PHP, Java in web
> programming. Particularly, I have a B.S in Economy and two years work
> experience in a big commercial bank, in China, as a transaction (cash &
> non-cash) and ATM administrator. In USA, I used to be a cashier. Because of
> bi-backgrounds, I’m very interested to participate in your project.

Well, you're way too late for GSoC 2011... Your applications have no proposal in them and no chance of being accepted.

However, if your goal is to help Gnucash, stick around. You'll learn from the discussions here. Study the code and documentation. Pick a bug and work up a patch for it. There's lots to do, and we always welcome help.

Regards,
John Ralls