Trunk Windows build

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Thu Apr 14 09:39:22 EDT 2011

Actually, it doesn't build.  If you look earlier in the log, there are link
problems.  The problem, I think, is that I've switched to adding the version
number to directory names (/c/soft/libxslt-1.2.3 rather than /c/soft/libxslt).
The webkit package pkgconfig file specifies linking with
/c/soft/libxslt-1.1.22/lib/libxslt.la which it can't find.

I prefer the explicit directory naming because I can tell just by looking at the
directory what version it contains.  I think it makes configuration control
better.  For some directories (e.g. gnome) which contain a number of different
packages, it can't show everything
(/c/soft/gnome-2.24.5-gtk-2.24.2-atk-...-libbonobo-...), but I did add gtk
version in my local build because I was trying to build webkit and gnucash with
a later version than 2.16.  Derek, however, responded with some concerns about
this naming scheme.

I think I can rebuild the webkit package using vanilla directory names.  It may
take a day or so to do.  I suppose it might be possible to hack^H^H^H^Hedit the
pkgconfig file to change the directory names.

 Phil
---------
I used to be a hypochondriac AND a kleptomaniac. So I took something for it.