Python module

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sun Apr 17 15:34:40 EDT 2011

Am Donnerstag, 14. April 2011 schrieb Geert Janssens:
> I am building trunk with the python module enabled as I have a local python
> script I'm using.
>
> When I start GnuCash from the command line (simply gnucash, not a python
> script), I get a lot of noise printed out by that module ("woop", "Hello
> from Python", a lot of tests,...)
>
> Is there a reason the default init.py file outputs all this information ?

No, there isn't a technical reason, only a demonstration reason :-) . The
original author left all this debug output in there. When committing, I left
it in as well.

At my installation, the python PATH doesn't contain the trunk installation
prefix, which means the python module doesn't load (because it doesn't find
its python files), which means I don't see those messages and they don't bug
me.

If you see them and they bug you, feel free to comment out all of them in
init.py, maybe except for one single "python module is loaded and available"
message...

Regards,

Christian