Setup question for the local git repo from github

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Fri Apr 29 15:35:04 EDT 2011

Dear John,

I'm trying to follow again the advice on
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git
but I'm running into an error message that is not yet mentioned on that page.
Here are the commands I'm running:

 git clone git://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash.git  gnucash-github.git
 cd gnucash-github.git/
 git branch -t master refs/heads/trunk
 git checkout master
 git svn init --stdlayout svn+ssh://cstim@svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash
 git-update

But at this point the "git-update" script results in the following error:

> You asked to pull from the remote 'origin', but did not specify
> a branch. Because this is not the default configured remote
> for your current branch, you must specify a branch on the command line.
> pull --rebase origin: command returned error: 1

This is git-1.7.0.4. I then tried to run

  git-update trunk

which seemed to give me what I expected. But running the command again will
still give me the above error message. Only if I run this with the additional
"trunk" command I'll get what I expected.

What am I missing?

Regards,

Christian