Recursive QofBooks

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Aug 11 15:28:31 EDT 2011

Muslim discovered a couple of functions in QofSession.c, qof_instance_copy_coll_r and qof_instance_copy_one_r, along with a companion test src/engine/test/test-recursive.c which seems intended to support a hierarchy of books. Given the way we treat books, this seems to me to be a seriously dumb idea. It seems to have been added in mid-2005 by Neil Williams as part of a conversion to Gnome 2. Does anyone recall the rationale behind it? Is there any reason not to remove it as useless cruft?

Regards,
John Ralls