r21182 - gnucash/trunk/src - Implement a balance for owners and show it on the owners view page

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Sat Aug 13 16:15:09 EDT 2011

Hi Geert,

thanks for the improvements around GncOwner. Is this some more "customer"-
related work? Great :-)

Just a small remark about adding code to src/app-utils/gnc-ui-util.h: I don't
like that file. It has no single intent whatsoever, but is just an unsorted
collection of "stuff that had to go into app-utils". As you just needed to add
three more functions to that file, could you perhaps consider moving your
needed functions to a separate file such as app-utils/gnc-owner-conversions.
[hc] or similar? My point is that your three functions do have something in
common, namely the dealing with GncOwner and some conversions that are in
src/app-utils (but not in src/engine). For that reason it would perfectly make
sens to have a file for exactly this. In contrast to this, the gnc-ui-util.h
file just contains things where no other useful location could be found
easily, or that's how I understand that file in retrospect.

Well, it isn't that important anyway. Have a nice weekend!

Regards,

Christian