Search page not working

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sat Aug 27 05:31:31 EDT 2011

On vrijdag 12 augustus 2011, Cristian Marchi wrote:
> Just to start gaining information, what are the alternatives?
>
> Cristian

It took me a while to find the link again, but I once stumbled upon the
mailing list manager Sympa:
http://www.sympa.org

This is a complete list management system, not only a search engine for list
archives, so perhaps it's too much.

I have no experience with it, but the features look pretty comprehensive, it's
actively maintained and translatable. Not all translations are equally
complete, but sympa uses the pootle public translation service so at least it
can be translated.

Perhaps it's worth taking a closer look at.

I also once suggested to use nabble as our web/archive/search engine for
mailing lists. It's pretty good at searching and you get a forum on top of
your mailing lists for free. But it has several disadvantages as well: the
interface is not translatable, and it's an external service. You can't run it
on your own servers. It can be integrated in our website so users wouldn't
even notice it's an external service. There was a rumour that nabble would
open source its code, in which case it could be self hosted. But the rumour is
almost a year old and nothing seems to have moved yet. Nabble is also
promising internationalization support for years now, and it's still not
there. So I won't hold my breath on the open source promise...

But that's two possible routes I have found so far to replace namazu

Geert