Feature suggestion: display account numbers in register and account selection popup

Yawar Amin yawar.amin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 21:37:12 EDT 2011

Hi,

On 2011-08-27, at 14:47, Florian Haas wrote:

> […]
> Is there any other hidden clever shortcut which will
> also work if you select a partial account number? So is there any way to
> type, say, 42 and some magic key, and then get a dropdown with all
> account numbers *starting* with 42?

No, that wouldn’t work unfortunately. Autocompletion only works for account names.

> I would still maintain, though, that for German/Austrian/etc. users who
> are used to a numbered account scheme, displaying the account code plus
> leaf account name would be the most useful way of displaying the account
> in the register. So I believe the original suggestion to optionally
> include the account code in the register is still valid. Thoughts?

Your original idea is a good one: in the autocompletion drop-down list, show the account code prefixed to the account name. No idea how easy or hard it would be though. Anyone familiar with how the autocompletion code works? Does the function running at that time have access to the account’s code as well as its name?

Regards,

Yawar