IRR on Advanced Portfolio report

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 29 11:33:43 EDT 2011

ihf <irafuchs at gmail.com> writes:

> Can anyone tell me how to get this report working with v2.4.7? I tried simply
> replacing the existing advanced-portfolio report with the modified version
> but gnucash then crashes on startup? (btw, what does gnucash do in terms of
> checking reports at startup such that the mere presence of this modified
> report prevents guncash from starting)

I can't answer your first part, but for the second part: GnuCash loads
each and every report when it starts.  If there's an interpretation
error in the report then it will cause the app to crash.  You are right
that it should probably catch any load-errors and not cause the whole
app to crash and instead inform the user.  You should file a bug report
about this.