Unable to make dist after recent changes

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Dec 2 12:13:04 EST 2011

On Dec 2, 2011, at 8:08 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> writes:
>
>> For some reason the tests consider this a duplicate symbol definition,
>> but the reports require the export statements or will fail to
>> work. That's as far as I got. I don't know why this is though, because
>> at first sight, the sw_engine module is loaded by default when
>> gncmod_engine is loaded (see gncmod- engine.c). And yet the tests
>> complain about duplicate symbols, while the main program doesn't.
>
> It might be order-of-include..  Or export v. re-export.

engine.scm imports sw_engine, and the warnings come from loading the module, so that should be the same regardless of whether the module is loaded under test or for the application, right? I suspect that it's a logging issue rather than the warnings aren't actually being issued: gnc-scm-log-foo wraps g_log directly with its own logdomain (gnc.scm), so it might not be configured by the --logging commandline option. (I haven't looked, I will later.)

Meanwhile, changing export to re-export in engine.scm eliminates the warnings, but I don't know yet if it causes the report errors that Geert saw after removing the export statements altogether.

Regards,
John Ralls