Building user documentation -- just one glitch.

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Fri Dec 2 15:34:28 EST 2011

As John Ralls pointed out, the proper way to check out the user
documentation is

svn checkout http://code.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash-docs/trunk gnucash-docs

Everything was almost smooth sailing from there.

The first problem was that I didn't have the command xsltproc.
The ./configure suggested that I should have libxslt installed.  I
already had it installed.  It turned out that xsltproc was not in the
libxslt package, but in a package of its own, called xsltproc.

Is this a Debian testing peculiarity, or is it likely to be widespread?
I can propose a patch to  gnucash-docs/README to add xsltproc to the list
of prerequisites, but I'd first like to know whether this is necessary in
general, or just a Debian testing peculiarity.

Anyway after that things went smoothly, and I got a lovely set of html
documentation.

I haven't tried to make epub yet, and it may be a while before I do.  It
seems to need calibre, and as far as I can tell at the moment, calibre on
Debian testing is broken.  I boot Debian stable  when I need calibre to
make epubs for my bookreader.  Looking into this is an entirely different
project from gnucash, and I can live without epub for the time being.

-- hendrik