r21577 - gnucash/trunk/src/backend/xml - Fix xml backend to load and save invoice kvp values.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 7 09:40:21 EST 2011

John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> writes:

> Sorry, I meant the other way around: It doesn't complain if an element
> is missing unless there's code that looks for that element, nor does

You can make it complain during the finalization check for the object.
That's EASY to code up.

> it save elements that it doesn't use. That's what would allow almost

Well, this is a harder problem..  Yes, it does not resave xml entities
that it doesn't know about.  The issue here is that we don't save the
XML.  KVPs were supposed to solve this, but of course that presupposes
we actually save/load the KVP data.

> all users (the ones who have no interest in credit notes) of the XML
> backend to still be able to move from one version to another without
> problems.

This is the goal, IMHO.