r21577 - gnucash/trunk/src/backend/xml - Fix xml backend to load and save invoice kvp values.

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Fri Dec 9 04:58:50 EST 2011

Am Donnerstag, 8. Dezember 2011, 07:12:37 schrieb John Ralls:
> Actually, just checking for the existence of any keys starting with
> "feature" in the Book's KVP and raising a GNC_BACKEND_TOO_NEW could be done
> pretty quickly in both.

Yes. However, I wonder how in the long run the error message could be slightly
more helpful. As an error message should tell about features that are in the
data file, but not yet known to the older program version trying to load the
data file, such a feature list should contain at least one string that can be
shown to the user. It will be english only (no translations), but at least the
error message will say something like this:

  "Cannot load the data file. It is from a newer version of gnucash and it
uses the feature "Invoices for a cup of coffee".  As the newer version of
gnucash has stored some data for this new feature, you cannot use the data
file with this older version anymore."

Then, users wanting to avoid this error can go to the FAQ and/or gnucash-user
and ask how to avoid this particular feature in the newer gnucash, so that
they will still be able to use the file in older gnucash.

Regards,

Christian