2.4.9 release, 2.5.0 plans

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Dec 19 09:49:08 EST 2011

On Dec 19, 2011, at 3:49 AM, Christian Stimming wrote:

> Am Sonntag, 18. Dezember 2011, 14:23:10 schrieb John Ralls:
>> There are a couple of catches, though: I couldn't make the MinGW/Msys
>> installation described in the Wiki article work (several packages are too
>> old), and so I installed the latest MinGW and turned off the packages that
>> mess with it. I obviously don't want to commit that. If you or Geert have a
>> setup that matches what the buildbot uses, perhaps you could copy the
>> defaults.sh from trunk to the 2.4 branch and give it a try.
>
> I don't have a local setup that matches, sorry.
>

>> I don't know about getting a release out in the next week. It doesn't look
>> like anyone else is going to write the "feature table" feature, and since
>> there are a few wrinkles there (starting with I haven't ever studied the
>> xml backend) I don't think I'll be able to get it done this week.
>
> Yes, it doesn't look like anyone else is planning on writing the "feature
> table". In that case, I'd like to propose to have a 2.4.9 release in any case
> rather soon, and have a 2.4.10 with the "feature table" feature (no pun
> intended) in January or February. We're not in a hurry here, after all.

OK.

I've got a busy week, but I can probably make some time tomorrow and Friday for Windows work. I'll try committing the Gnome changes to defaults.sh and see if it chokes the Windows nightly, then do the Gwen and AQB changes. IF we're really lucky, everything will work and we can tag the release on Saturday.

Whenever we do, I guess we should tag the 2.5.0 release as well, right?

Regards,
John Ralls