Three projects for Gnucash

Ryan M. Ward silvercro_magnon at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 5 16:09:05 EST 2011

Hello All,
I am interested in working on three projects for Gnucash (two for right now, one later), and was wondering if anyone had thoughts or suggestions:

1) Implementing a way of storing receipt images (scanned or from a cell phone, etc....) in a database- referenced by transaction (IE from the ledger, you would have the option of looking up the reciept associated with a particular transaction, and/or querying a collection of transactions and collecting all of their associated receipts- my thought here is mainly for income tax purposes- I do not envision GNUCash being a tax preparer, but this database would be nice for this and other purposes)

2) Implementing an interface between Android/iPhone applications and Gnucash- at this point I am thinking via PC/USB connection

3) Extending the functionality of the budget system (which I very much like) to include more automatic setup for home budget users, credit card payoff plans, etc....

--
Ryan M. Ward

http://www.ubuntu.com