gnucash-android implementation (Three projects for Gnucash)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sun Feb 6 16:31:55 EST 2011

Am Sonntag, 6. Februar 2011 schrieb John Ralls:
> >> If you can't pull in the necessary gnucash libraries, write out an
> >> interchange file in one of the formats Gnucash or AQBanking understands
> >> with your new transactions and have the user import that file into
> >> Gnucash.
> >
> > There is no such interchange file format available as well at the moment.
> > Again: Even though in gnucash we always insisted you have to use the
> > existing C code, the situation now has changed and there is a
> > significant user request which can technically be solved only by
> > re-implementing everything in a different language that will access the
> > SQL directly.
> >
> > So we, the gnucash team, have to reconsider our original point of view
> > and should better get to live with the new changed situation...
>
> It's not a viable approach. The KVP will be wrong, the data corrupt, and
> the users very unhappy.
>
> Isn't it possible to use C libraries on Android through the NDK?

How often do I need to repeat it? No, it is not possible. Show me a glib
version that claims it can be compiled with android-NDK, but I don't know of
any, and that rules out the possibility of compiling the gnucash-engine even
if it were a suitable for the android-NDK otherwise. It is not possible.

Regards,

Christian