libsqlite3-0.dll

Stephen Brown stephengrantbrown at mcmedia.com.au
Sat Feb 19 05:10:13 EST 2011

Hi Geert
----- Original Message -----
From: "Geert Janssens"
To: <gnucash-devel at gnucash.org>
Cc: "Stephen Brown" <stephengrantbrown at mcmedia.com.au>
Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2011 8:08 PM
Subject: Re: libsqlite3-0.dll

> On vrijdag 18 februari 2011, Stephen Brown wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> I have successfully run install.sh under Windows Vista.
>>
>> In running /p/soft/gnucash/inst/bin/gnucash I get a message box coming up
>> that says
>>
>> gnucash.exe - Unable to Locate Component. This application has failed to
>> start because libsqlite3-0.dll was not fournd. Re-installing the
>> application may fix this problem.
>>
>> How do I fix this problem?
> There are two ways to run a self-compiled GnuCash on Windows. The first is
> create an installer package and install it. This will put the appropriate
> shortcuts in the start menu and on the desktop. You can do this by running
> dist.sh after install.sh successfully completes. This will create the
> installer package which you can then use to install GnuCash.

Will this method interfere with the stable version of gnucash I am already
running?

> The other method is for when you want to run gnucash directly from the
> build
> location (what you attempted to do). In that case you should use the
> gnucash-
> launcher.cmd script to start GnuCash. This script will ensure that all the
> required libraries are found.

I did that and got the following errors
Admin at SHAMMAH /p/soft/gnucash/inst/bin
$ gnucash-launcher.cmd
/P/soft/gnucash/inst/bin/gnucash-launcher.cmd: @echo: command not found
/P/soft/gnucash/inst/bin/gnucash-launcher.cmd: setlocal: command not found
/P/soft/gnucash/inst/bin/gnucash-launcher.cmd: fg: no job control
/P/soft/gnucash/inst/bin/gnucash-launcher.cmd: fg: no job control
/P/soft/gnucash/inst/bin/gnucash-launcher.cmd: fg: no job control
/P/soft/gnucash/inst/bin/gnucash-launcher.cmd: fg: no job control
What do I do now?
> Geert

Yours Sincerely
Stephen Grant Brown