Windows Vista svn merge question

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Feb 24 16:10:22 EST 2011

On donderdag 24 februari 2011, Stephen Brown wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am now from a msys prompt under Microsoft Windows Vista able to do a "cd
> /p/soft/packaging", "svn update"
> and then "install.sh" so that it reliably runs without error. This is
> something I could not do a year or so ago.

Congratulations !

> How do I do it for the latest unstable version?

What have you used for the REPOS_URL parameter ? If you left it at its default
"http://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash/trunk" you are already building the
latest development version.

At this moment there is no separate stable and unstable branch. Since we are
still in the early 2.4.x releases, there is no separate unstable development
going on yet. Development is mostly focussing on fixing bugs in the stable
releases. So for now, you could say "trunk" is both stable and unstable. The
plan is that soon after the 2.4.3 release, stable and unstable will be split
again with a new "2.4" branch tracking stable development (bugfixes), and
"trunk" being open for true unstable development again (new features and
experiments).

Until that time, you are building stable and unstable in one go, since there's
no difference between the two currently.

Geert