2.4.3 - not ready

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Fri Feb 25 02:24:32 EST 2011

Dear Phil,

thanks for the release checking work.

However, I do not agree with your conclusion here. Your newly
discovered bug hasn't been reported before, so it can't be very severe
(even though it appeared to be a crasher in your test). On the other
hand, we already discussed and agreed that 2.4.2 contains serious bugs
that have been fixed already (mysql crash on windows, erroneous
duplicate invoice feature) and those fixes alone already justify an
imminent 2.4.3 release.

Hence, in this particular case I would have strongly preferred to have
a 2.4.3 release ASAP, even though other bugs like the one you
discovered is still existing. But the fixes for the other severe bugs
will mean that 2.4.3 will already be a big improvement over 2.4.2. We
can subsequently fix other bugs like the one you've seen here, and
include fixes for those in subsequent releases.

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Christian