2.4 and sqlite...

David G. Hamblen dhamblen at roadrunner.com
Sun Jan 2 07:08:12 EST 2011

On 01/02/2011 02:23 AM, Gour wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Jan 2011 16:17:06 -0500
> Derek>  Because it's not *our* bug, it's a bug in libdbi,
>
> I'm aware it's not Gnucash bug...
>
> Derek>  and it's a bug Derek>  that only affects certain builds of libdbi,
>
> but I didn't know about the latter.
>
> Derek>  I don't know enough about the bug to tell you whether it's
> Derek>  something that we can easily detect at runtime.  But it's
> Derek>  certainly the case that you can build GnuCash against the
> Derek>  working version and then upgrade the library to the broken
> Derek>  version and GnuCash will stop working.  Similarly, if you build
> Derek>  GnuCash against the broken version of libdbi and then replace it
> Derek>  with a working version then it should start working again.
>
> This is something I do not understand fully...Based on what I see at
> libdbi site, it looks that it's not in such a rapid development
> producing new releases so often, iow the site says:
>
> libdbi-0.8.4  2010-09-01
> libdbi-0.8.3  2008-02-06

I simply downloaded libdbi0 (0.8.2-3) from
packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/libdbi0.  Similarly for libdbi0-dev.  Both
packages seem to work with the 10.10 maverick distribution.  I then
needed to lock or hold the versions in aptitude so that they didn't get
updated to the 0.8.3 version.  Seems to work with
sqlite3/gnucash-2.4/ubuntu-10.10.  I don't have any other sqlite
applications; so YMMV.