" gnucash" Domain dispute!

Matthijs Kooijman matthijs at stdin.nl
Wed Jan 5 05:52:26 EST 2011

Hey Christian,

> Is this a hoax, or is this true? I'd prefer if the project owns those domain
> names as compared to some whatever company owning them. Any thoughts?
I seem to remember something similar to this from the OpenTTD project.
Remko, from OpenTTD, responded to the email and the reply was "Okay, to
prevent this other company from taking your domain names, you'll have to
buy them now". In other words, it's very targeted spam....

Remko, did I say this right? Does the below mail look similar to the one
OpenTTD received?

Gr.

Matthijs