IRR on Advanced Portfolio report

Franco Mossotto franco.mossotto at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 15:57:51 EST 2011

I was looking for the ability in gnucash to calculate the IRR (Internal rate
of return) for investments. This is something that other products has and
that I found essential in order to evaluate the investments in my portfolio.
I've found some old request to add this capability on the advanced portfolio
report, but I didn't find any implementation for that.

I've tried doing that by myself on 2.2.7 that is the version I'm currently
using.

Attached there are my scm version and the patch file for 2.2.7. It works,
even if this probably doesn't comply with your coding standards (this is my
first implementation using Scheme)

I was trying to port it on trunk, but I've some issues with advanced
portfolio shipped on 2.4.0 that I need to investigate first.

Regards,
Franco