Wrong list

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Jan 13 13:09:48 EST 2011

On Jan 13, 2011, at 9:08 AM, Donald Allen wrote:

> There are enough user questions cluttering this list that maybe an attempt
> should be made to strengthen the descriptions of the purposes of -devel and
> -user?
>
> -devel is currently described as "Development discussion and submission of
> patches"
> -user is described as "User questions"
>
> For -devel, I'd suggest "Development discussion and submission of patches.
> NOT for user questions about gnucash installation or use."
> For -user: "User questions or suggestions about gnucash installation or
> use."

I doubt that it would do any good, since I don't think that many people actually read the list descriptions. But I've rearranged the Mailing Lists wiki page a bit to try to steer newer users toward gnucash-users and away from here.

I think a link to the gnucash-user lists on the main web page would help, too. Maybe I'll do that later today if I get some other stuff finished.

Regards
John Ralls