Total Crash and Lost Data

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 14:30:21 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 2:20 PM, David T. <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Randy--
>
> Presumably, you have lost your Gnucash data because of a crash. Also presumably, you might want assistance recovering from this crash. However, there's not a lot to go on in your message. What operating system are you on? What version of Gnucash? What were you doing when Gnucash crashed? Did you have backups?
>
> No one can help you if you don't provide some details.

Not to mention that

1. The indignation in his message is more than a bit over-the-top,
given that he spent $0 for the hard work of volunteers.
2. You can search the FAQ for "data loss" and it tells you about .xac
and .log files and why they are there. Is that DIFFICULT?
3. His message is addressed to the wrong mailing list.

(Given the nature of my message, I want to emphasize that I am not
Gnucash developer nor am I associated with the project in any way,
other than as a happy user. I am speaking for myself here, not for the
project.)

/Don