Total Crash and Lost Data

Randy Aldering alderingr at housesmithe.com
Tue Jan 18 15:21:18 EST 2011

Folks,

Thanks for all of the attention.  Regardless of how I ended up with 2.3.4, or why I had the
impression that it was a stable release, I did experience a problem.  As a result, I sought
advice, and finally found assistance through the irc site.  With the very capable and
understanding Derek on hand, I was back in business soon enough, and am now running 2.4.0 released
on 21 December 2010, fully recovered.

My apologies to any one who may have taken offense to the expression of tension and frustration in
an e-mail sent *prior* to finding out about the irc site, downloading and installing chatzilla,
getting that up and running, logging on to the gnucash irc, and finding help through that avenue.

I am very appreciative of the development work on GnuCash, and can not say "thank you" enough to
those who assisted me in recovering from what could have been a very bad situation.

Sincerely,

Randy Aldering  RHI,CHI
alderingr at housesmithe.com
269-350-4411