compiling gnucash on windows, configure: error: perl is not found

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 19 10:44:14 EST 2011

Hi,

Chikelue Oji <chike_oji at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi Derek,
>
> No, I don't have cygwin installed.
>
> I have used Linux before, and can still go back to it whilst
> still using windows but my target deployment machine must be a
> windows machine.
>
> Can I build Gnucash for windows on a linux machine?
> If that is possible, then I could give it a shot.
>
> Thank you very much for your help so far.

If you've been reading this list, we were just talking about
cross-compiling from Linux to Windows; go read the past couple days of
list email.  (In short, no, there are issues with it).

But this begs the question: why are you actually trying to build the
code versus just using the prebuilt Windows binaries?

-derek