r20123 - gnucash/trunk/src/backend - Enhanced database version handling.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 19 11:32:42 EST 2011

John,

John Ralls <jralls at code.gnucash.org> writes:

> * Add a macro GNC_RESAVE_VERSION which holds an svn revision number.
> * When fully saving a database put this number in versions with
>   table_name Gnucash-Resave.
> * On database load, compare the current GNC_RESAVE_VERSION with the
>   Gnucash revision and Gnucash-Resave revision saved when the database
>   was created.
> * If the current GNC_RESAVE_VERSION > the saved Gnucash
>   version, then emit ERR_SQL_DB_TOO_OLD.
> * If GNC_RESAVE_VERSION < the saved Gnucash-Resave, emit ERR_SQL_DB_TOO_NEW.

Why tie this to an SVN revision instead of just a monotonically
increasing "schema version" number?

Developers need to remember to change this value whenever they change
the schema, so I don't see why the actual number makes a difference?

If we do change to git then we wont have the svn revision # to work
from...