OFX import enhancements

brad bradhaack at fastmail.us
Wed Jan 19 12:38:51 EST 2011

OFX import for investment accounts has a few quirks or bugs.  One very
frustrating thing about it is that it does the import too transparently
and the user can't see what accounts the transaction went to (too often
the wrong one).  If the transaction were shown in a new tab like what is
done in with 'Scheduled Transactions' then the user could see what
happened & fix it.  There's a click box to 'Review created transactions'
when getting 'since last run' scheduled transactions, this is what I had
in mind.
How hard will this be to implement?   I'm willing to take a crack at it
unless the experienced developers here say it's too hard for a novice.
I've done a fair amount of C, but nothing like this.

Another feature I'd like to take a look at is using the fund/stock
prices from an OFX import and putting that data in the price db.  My
401k has funds which are not listed so 'get quotes' doesn't work.  On
the surface this one sounds easier to me.