OFX import enhancements

brad bradhaack at fastmail.us
Wed Jan 19 23:08:15 EST 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 22:47 +0100, Christian Stimming wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 19. Januar 2011 schrieb Martin Preuss:
> > > Err... I think you're right, gnucash's OFX import does not use aqbanking
> > > but instead libofx (which aqbanking doesn't use anymore). So basically a
> > > similar issue applies to libofx w.r.t. checking its library, but libofx
> > > is a dead project and we can copy its code into our SVN anyway if we
> > > need to, so modifying that code is quite possible.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > If nothing's changed I still have CVS/SVN write access, so changes could be
> > brought back into libofx.
>
> Thanks. I also have to correct myself: There is still activity in the project,
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/libofx/ says Benoit occasionally commits code
> into its CVS (huh, is this still around?). I also noticed I myself still have
> CVS commit permission.
>
> Nevertheless there hasn't been any release for quite some time, so if there
> are useful changes for gnucash I'd suggest to just copy over the code to
> gnucash (even though this means introducing some c++ code).
>
> > However, first libofx needs to be fixed regarding buffer management (there
> > are some important issues in libofx which cause it to crash with unusually
> > long lines).
>
> Yes, absolutely.
>
> Regards,
>
> Christian
Looks like libofx is not handling the aggregates that contain the fund
prices.  <POSMF>  .  It would probably be easier for me to write a
script to pull the data out to a text file, then use the python script
that Peter Holterman just posted to import it.
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Using_GnuCash#Stocks

I don't see a lot of folks asking for this, so it could be that my 401k
is not the norm.