Gnucash smartphone interface - problem with gnucash-env

Peter Theobald pete at ptheobald.co.uk
Sun Jan 30 18:34:32 EST 2011

Hi gnucash-devel,

I'm very new to gnucash development, though i've been using gnucash for a
while. I just created a django app so I can add cash transactions from my
phone. It uses the python bindings, but i'm a bit stuck about how i'm going
to deploy it. The problem I have concerns the gnucash-env script. I need a
way to setup the environment before loading django, but i'm going to be
running the script directly from apache. I don't want to modify my startup
scripts to run gnucash-env, so i'm wondering if anyone knows how I could use
the python bindings without this. If its very difficult I may just rewrite
my code to record transactions from the web and have an offline script that
pulls them from a log and loads them into gnucash (It would be more secure
as well). I can post the code later if anyone is interested.

Regards
Pete